Any MTG players in our readership?
Well if you’re not, I recommend jumping on a draft as a great way to learn. With a quick intro to the rules you can use a draft to put together a simple deck and get a few games in with people who are on a similar footing as you. For those who don’t know, this is how you draft:
- Each person starts with three booster packs (15 cards each)
- Everyone opens a pack, takes a card and passes the rest on
- Repeat until all the cards are gone
- Repeat for the other two packs
- By the end, everyone has 45 cards and builds a deck of 40 cards (including lands) and plays
Simple and effective. There’s no spending a fortune on amazing cards, everyone has had the same chances and it’s a great way to learn and play with friends without feeling too keenly for your inexperience.