Geek Proud, GeekOut.

Time To Watch: Naruto

Right, hold on, don’t jump the gun on this article today folks. Have you ever enjoyed something, say video games or even anime, where a large section of fans talk about a particular series? Perhaps you’re a gamer who has never played a Call of Duty, or a Final Fantasy? What if you’re a comic fan who has never read X-Men? I’m a guy who really enjoys anime, however I’ve never really given Naruto a proper try. There’s also no reason for it, as I thoroughly enjoyed the first couple of episodes that I did see way back when. So, I’m about to start a new venture – To watch all of Naruto… We’ll talk about Boruto another time.

Background

In all honesty, I’ve seen about 5 episodes of Naruto and I found it really good fun. So it’s weird to me that I’ve still not really watched it all. Perhaps it’s because of how long the series went on for? Perhaps it’s because there are some people who are negative about it? Or perhaps it’s because I’m pretty bad at watching or playing things that are extremely popular. Well, whatever the reason, I’ve never given the series a proper try and that needs to come to an end.

As such, I’m going to start doing a monthly article, where I chat about what episode I’m up to, what I’ve thought about the journey through Naruto to that point and then we’ll see how much further we go. I’m excited to get started, however I’m not going to lie, there’s a lot of content to get through. Fortunately for me, I do have access to Crunchyroll where apparently every damn episode is available… So let’s have a quick look at how many episodes there are…

Ah bloody hell.

220 episodes to get through and considering I struggle to watch more than an episode of a good series at a time, this is going to be interesting. Still, I’m going to watch it from start to finish. This is it. Goodbye everyone…

… Anyway, if you’re a big Naruto fan or if you want to pay respect to my sanity, share your thoughts in the comments below, or over on Facebook and Twitter.

8 responses

1. Ashley Graham Whittal

That’s not even counting shippuden, that’s another 500 episodes.

Liked by 1 person

May 26, 2019 at 12:45 pm

• I saw… And that scared me. 2 episodes in so far. I’ve got a lot to say next week ;)

May 26, 2019 at 12:51 pm

2. Pingback: Time To Watch: Naruto (Episodes 1-11) | GeekOut South-West

3. PMu

I’m an anime fan working my way through Naruto for the first time at the moment. I’m have to say so far I’m really glad I’m giving it a go, although (only) on episode 73 so still a way to go. What I’m enjoying is the unusual ‘camera’ angles that are used which make what would be rather boring shots much more dynamic and interesting

Liked by 1 person

July 29, 2019 at 3:55 pm

• This is exactly what happened with me! I found the show genuinely fun, even though the show gets flak for being as popular as it is. The camera angles are really good, and I think the show has aged really well compared to some anime. Glad you’re enjoying it too :)

Liked by 1 person

July 29, 2019 at 4:00 pm

• PMu

It has definitely aged well, especially in comparison to some of the other popular anime that came out at the time. It is however intimidating to try and work your way through 200 odd episodes (not even mentioning Shippūden). It’s no Mushi-Shi which you can nail in a day.

Liked by 1 person

July 29, 2019 at 4:07 pm

• When I started writing these mini-roundups, I called myself crazy for even attempting it. I’m not great at binge watching, unless something capivates me. Fortunately, Naruto does :)

Liked by 1 person

July 29, 2019 at 4:24 pm

4. khaleelia

September 8, 2019 at 11:38 am

Drop us a line

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s